Pre-Camp To Do’s
- All participants should buy / download / install the following REQUIRED apps in advance of camp, depending on the selected device / platform. Optional apps are also listed.
- Participants should create before camp or bring to camp the following account logins (userID and password):
- Google / Gmail account (can be a personal account or a school account)
- Adobe Account (for Adobe Spark)
- If an iPad user: Bring your iTunes account userID and password so you can install new apps / install updates if desired.
- A Twitter account is NOT required but strongly encouraged. Participants are encouraged to share their learning with the Twitter hashtag #MakeMediaCamp.
- Update all available software on your iPad, Chromebook, or laptop PRIOR to the start of camp
Chromebook / Laptop Required Extensions
Mac/Windows laptop users should install the free Google Chrome web browser prior to camp. The following extensions should be installed to your Google user account:
Required Free Apps for iPad Users:
- Word Cloud by abcya
- Voice Record Pro
- Shadow Puppet EDU
- Adobe Spark Video
- iMovie (free with newer iPads)
- Koma Koma
- Explain Everything (VPP version also available)
- Book Creator (free version also available but paid is recommended, free version just supports creation of 1 book)
Required Paid Apps:
Optional Free Apps:
- Other WordCloud apps (in addition to Word Cloud by abcya)
- QR Beamer (iPhone app)